Strip Poker Rules
If you really want to raise the stakes, strip poker is a fun alternative to most forms of poker. Of course, it’s best to bring it up when you’re with a group of like-minded friends rather than during the Wednesday night work game.
Strip poker can be played with all variations of poker, but it’s best to keep it simple with something like Five Card Draw. That’s the most well-known and easily taught game and if you want to get the clothes off, that’s the game to do it with.
The rules of strip poker are quite flexible as long as all the players agree. Make sure the ground rules are understood first and then you can get right to the action. A few of the things you’ll want to figure out up front include:
- Will players start with money and then strip when they run out?
- Is each piece of clothing worth the same amount or are things like panties more valuable than shoes?
- Can naked players keep playing? Some games allow naked players to continue playing if they take dares or answer embarrassing truths.
Strip Five Card Draw
Five Card Draw is an easy game for strip poker even if some of the players have no poker experience. No matter which poker variant you use, you’ll have to remember that the point of the game is to have fun - not play a technically correct poker game at all times.
You can have players ante up clothing in place of each bet but, it can be a pain keeping track of everyone’s bet each hand. The best way to go about it is to do it one of two ways:
- Have no actual betting rounds. The players just play their hands, take a draw and go to a showdown. The winner keeps all his clothing intact and everyone else has to remove an item. For a longer game, the winner can pick just one person to remove an item of clothing.
- Have one betting round in which the players can up the ante by betting how many pieces of clothing they have to remove if they lose the hand. For example, a person could raise by betting two pieces of clothing. If the other players want to stay in, they’ll have to risk at least two pieces of clothing.
Start a hand of Five Card Draw Strip Poker by dealing five face down cards to each player.
If you are using betting rounds, the first round would take place after the players have received their cards. The betting begins with the player to the left of the dealer and continues clockwise around the table.
Each player may then discard up to five cards and replace those with cards drawn at random from the deck. At the end of the drawing round, each player should have five cards.
After the draw, there is another betting round (if you are having betting rounds).
The players now enter a showdown and reveal their cards. The player with the best five card poker hand wins. The winner may either choose a player to lose an article of clothing, or all the losers have to remove one piece of clothing.
Once the required piece(s) of clothing has been removed, the deck is shuffled and a new hand can begin. Have fun!